Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ATL's CeeLo Green Under Fire After Controversial Rape Tweets

In Fall of 2013 CeeLo Green plead no contest to a felony drug charge resulting from a 2012 incident during which he secretly slipped an unsuspecting woman the designer street drug Ecstacy. The 33-year-old woman claimed that she was raped by the Atlanta Rapper; meanwhile, CeeLo avoided Cell Therapy due to lack of evidence.

The former, The Voice judge, allegedly went on a Twitter rant in which he claimed that unconscious women can’t be raped.

Tweeting “if someone is passed out they’re not even WITH you consciously,” later adding that, “people who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!”

The unpopular tweets set the social media site ablaze. He came under such intense fire after his Twitter rant that he issued the following three tweets and then deleted his account.

"Let me 1st praise god for exoneration fairness & freedom! Secondly I sincerely apologize for my comments being taken so far out of context. I only intended on a healthy exchange to help heal those who love me from the pain I had already caused from this. Please forgive me as it.. …was your support that got me thru this to begin with. I’d never condone the harm of any women. Thank you."

Continue Reading

Audra Radcliffe is a freelance writer, blogger and is the Atlanta Romance Examiner. Her business 1stWrite Media specializes in content management, brand identity and social media marketing. Connect with Audra on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ron Clark Students Welcome the World to Atlanta

Ron Clark Academy students show the world that Atlanta is  the city where greatness lives. Atlanta based rapper Ludacris and the stude...